For women!

For women!
There is this common language of art and craft. We use it to laugh, learn and change communities for the future!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

2012.
Women.
Making
and Progress.

This year, in Australia, I will be starting a a program with the Melbourne School for Social Entrepreneurs, which sounds like a lengthy, and possibly a bit swanky, but really, is a way to engage and enhance like minded people with a project like that of White Circles. I envisage challenges, networking, goals, transparency, honesty and progress. And I feel it is perfect timing for White Circles, and therefore Nangi Village.

I guess this will keep me local for a while. Not such a bad thing really, but I feel as though when the time comes, I will be itching to get to humble Nangi village.
The First question I want to ask with this program in mind is where do I see myself and White Circles in 12 months....

Greater commercial potential.
Clearer roles within the village.
More training in the village.
High, sustained and better quality of products.
An understanding of sales through the internet from Nangi Village.
My own Nepali language will progress.
Have ideas and basic plans to create a branch of White Circles in Australia.
Get other people to help out in various places.
Develop consistent packaging and a clear marketing theme.
Design a range for another outlet.
Diversify
Communicate.

No comments:


The boys in the Kathmandu "Papa's House" in the time of load shedding... (power cut)

The boys in the Kathmandu "Papa's House" in the time of load shedding... (power cut)

Chapter 2- What matters

Chapter 2- What matters

Nepal


Here- we have the Tharu culture in Nepal. A beautiful bunch of people who have been hardly done by, particularly in regards to slavery incidents. This doesn't tamper their strong understanding of other people, or the amount of love they're able to give. 

Slavery is being abolished and there is a drastic need for job and independence as these girls move out of the education system. For Freida Mountain, the energy, colour, love and skills were the beginning of what will be a dedication to these people. We now have the opportunity to work in trading to Australia from Nepal. A lot of fair trade research, justification and funding needs to occur, but I look forward to more and more involvement!
This environment acts as a stigma for my next range...